Monday, 15 March 2010

More Donation Quilts.

It's my Guild meeting tonight and I've packed up all the bits I need including the quilts I'm made for donation.  So here are the last two quilts that I've made for the Special Needs School that I'm handing over tonight.

First is Buggy Mountain Stars.  This is Bonnie Hunter's pattern Smokey Mountain Stars, but with the sizes adjusted to make bigger blocks.  My feature fabrics are 6" finished, so the triangles are 3" finished.  Lots of fun for using up some of those bug fabrics I collected but never made into a bug jar quilt!!  Love this pattern and I'm planning on making another version using 4" squares of I Spy fabrics soon.

This is my own pattern designed to use up the cow panels I was given.  I think they were originally intended to be made into a door stop as the pattern is reversed.  Various other pieces of farm/chicken related fabrics are incorporated along with some free-pieced words from a tutorial by Tonya Ricucci.

I had fun with the quilting on this one doing a freehand version of chicken wire fencing over the whole quilt!  (Click to enlarge the picture for a better view.)  I cut a cardboard template to trace along for the middle vertical, then 'eyeballed' all the subsequent lines from the centre out!  Fun :)


2 comments:

  1. I love the Buggy Mountain one! What a cute idea to use I Spy squares for that, too! I might have to "borrow" that from you sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. someone is going to love these!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thanks for taking the time :)