Back at February's Guild meeting I was given some fabric strips with dinosaurs on. I've been mulling over what to do with them and, after playing about in EQ6 on the custom layout, a plan has emerged!! Ignore the fabrics used on the drawing, I didn't want to waste time fiddling with getting the exact fabrics imported, so I've made the large dino print the dark blue, the light dino print the yellow print, the squares are the plaid, etc. I've also utilised a paper-pieced dinosaur footprint design by Paula Doyle in the April 2011 edition of Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
I can foresee some trickiness when I try to assemble all the pieces together ... I think I'm going to end up with a couple of set-in corners, but I'll tackle that when I come to it!! Now to get cutting and stitching :)