Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Crosses Quilt Finished.

A final finish for 2013 as the crosses quilt gets it's binding sewn on.  It's not my favourite quilt of the year, but it did it's job in using up some of the 3.5" strips from by scraps boxes.  It finishes at approx. 39" x 52" and will be donated to one of the care home residents where I volunteer.

The quilt I had most fun quilting this year was Bunny IV.  I had just taken Angela Walters' Craftsy course on negative space and was enjoying playing with some of the ideas.

The quilt I am most proud of this year is the Batik Jewel Box made for my sister-in-law.  I love the colours and pattern, it's big (for me!) and I love how the quilting turned out.

Just for fun ... here are all the thread spools that I emptied during 2013. 

Here's to a healthy, happy and craft-filled New Year to everyone :)

4 comments:

  1. oh Helen all so different but so lovely esp last two. May God bless you in 2014. Shaz in Oz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is fabulous... just shows that practice does make perfect.
    Good wishes... Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting really is lovely! Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Helen, you are really motoring. Love reading your blog. Happy new Year, Shirley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thanks for taking the time :)