Saturday, 11 January 2014

Card Challenge - On Your Birthday

I'm entering this card in the following challenges: Without Words - January Spots and/or Stripes; Fantasy Stampers - Your Favourite Stamp*; and Craft a Scene - Make Your Own Theme**.   

*My favourite stamp is Stampscape's Lakeside Cove (centre back of the picture).  This stamp is my most often used of the Stampscape range because it gives a good sense of depth to a scene.

**My stated theme for the Craft a Scene challenge is 'By the Water's Edge'.

The scene was created with a variety of Stampscape stamps - crooked path, cabin with fence, lakeside cove, sedge filler, pine row, waterside buff right, water ripples light, cloud bits and migrating birds.  The image was coloured with watercolour pencils.  Greeting is a Stamps Away washables. Paper is a digital download.  Black gems provide the finishing touch.


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the colors!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully crafted scene, perfect for the challenge.. thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic scene, Helen. beautiful colours and colouring!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just superb Helen I love it.. mm mighf try get to share card too at Create a Scene. It is reallly a good theme. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen! I got your card yesterday. It's so pretty and wonderfully handmade I love it, and I missed you! Missed your quilting too actually still have that fantastic card holder you made me way back and I look at it every day and think of you always.
    Trying to figure out how to follow your blogger????? Would love to keep watch and learn inspiration from all you make these days. I think it's very generous of you to do art with the elderly, I enjoy elderly myself, Always have liked and loved all ages, each has something amazing to offer the others. Older peeps have so much wisdom and history to share.
    Love the scenery cards too, I have some from a man who passed away last year his name was Jonathan, well it still is but he isn't making those cards anymore. I consider myself lucky to have swapped with him. He was well know for what he did, I wonder if you knew of him?
    Here's my blog addy incase you'd like to visit: http://wwwsannasartmind.blogspot,com/
    I made a ton of shaker snow people this season. Come see! Love and miss you, your friend always and forever, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful stamped scene you created, Helen - I can see why these would be amongst some of your favourite stamps, hun.

    Thanx for joining us at Fantasy Stampers for our first challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again next time.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, A beautiful created scene, these certainly are wonderful stamps. love your colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stamping Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning scene - really beautiful - thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thanks for taking the time :)