Thursday, 2 January 2014

Card Challenge - Wishing you ...

I like to start the New Year doing the things I love and want to do more of during the new year.  So yesterday I started cutting out a new quilt and painted an image for a card!  More of the quilt later, but I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges: The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 111, Fairies; Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge - Wings and Crafty Little Fairies - Starting Over.  (This card is going to an online friend who I haven't heard from in a while, so this is a sign of our friendship starting over.)

Main image is Sugar Nellie's Angelica (without the bunny).  I coloured her in Distress Inks with added mica powder and glitter glue on the wings.  Greeting is Whimsy's Magical Mini Letter Seals.  Backing paper is Kate Knight's Totally Tropical, a magazine freebie from a couple of years ago.  Lace from stash.

This is my first attempt at a Sugar Nellie image, but I got 3 fairy stamps for xmas so there will be more to come!  Loving all the new stamp ranges I've been exposed to by visiting other crafter's blogs :)

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Helen! Beautiful colours and a great image. I'm sure that your friend will love it. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Little Fairies. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Helen - love all the pink and the gorgeous image - great friendship card. Thanks for playing along at Crafty little Fairies.
    Hugs,
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love the colours and the little sparkle on her wings! Thanks for sharing with us at the Sugar Bowl this month! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! Loving the glittery wings. Thanks for joining us in the sugar bowl. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so thanks for taking the time :)